- Georgia, 1995
- Emory Law School, J.D., 1994
- Tulane University, B.A., 1989
- Atlanta Bar Association’s Family First Award 2002-2003
- Stonewall Bar Association’s Outstanding Service Award 2005
- Named one of Georgia’s Legal Elite, numerous years
- Selected for inclusion as a Georgia Super Lawyer, numerous years
- Selected for inclusion in the top 100 of Georgia’s Super Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Associations & Accreditations
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Psychological Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Past Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Vital Records Form 3940 & Requirements for Establishing Paternity”; Superior Court Judges 2015 Winter Conference, Athens, GA, January 2015
- Moderator: “Judges Panel: Use of Financial Experts in Family Law Cases”; Financial Topics on Family Law, Atlanta Bar Association, January 2015
- “Nuts & Bolts of Serving as Guardian ad Litem”; Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation Guardian ad Litem Training, bi-annually since 2006
- “Same-Sex Legal Issues”; State Bar of Georgia, March 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- “Parenting Plans under O.C.G.A. 19-9-3. Just Do It – Right!”; Atlanta Bar Association, February 2008
- “Legal Representation in Domestic Relations Cases where Family Violence is a Factor”; Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, September 2007
- “Domestic Violence and the Collaborative Law Practice”; The Collaborative Law Institute of Georgia, April 2008
- “Hot Tips: Guardian ad Litem? Custody Evaluator? Both? Neither?”; Atlanta Bar Association, February 2010
- “Domestic Unions – Taking a Look at the Challenges and a Preview of What is on the Horizon”; American Bar Association, September 2005
Daniel Bloom | Top-Rated Divorce Lawyer in Atlanta
Daniel Bloom is a Member of the law firm Bloom Lines Alexander LLC in Atlanta, where he practices exclusively in the area of family law.
In addition to his litigation and collaborative practice, he is a mediator and arbitrator in family law cases, serves as a Guardian ad Litem in Superior Courts throughout the State, and is often retained to consult on high conflict custody matters in Georgia and throughout the country. Dan is frequently invited to lecture on family law-related topics, including parenting and custody issues unique to same-sex couples and their children.
Formerly, Dan was Deputy Director of the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation where he established the Domestic Violence Project, administered the Guardian ad Litem program, and supported the Foundation’s volunteers in their pro bono efforts on behalf of low-income individuals and families. He served for five years as a Magistrate Judge in Fulton County Superior Court, specially assigned to the Family Division.
Dan is sought after for his expertise in child custody matters and is considered one of Georgia State’s finest child custody attorneys. When advising his clients, he is always conscious of how the children are affected by a process over which they have no control.
Dan served on the Temporary Protective Order Registry Steering Committee for the Georgia Commission on Family Violence, on the Advisory Committee for the Georgia Domestic Violence Fatality Review Project, on the Board of Directors for the Partnership Against Domestic Violence, and as chair of the Family Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association.
Dan has also served on the Advisory Boards for the Emory Public Interest Committee at Emory Law School and the Health Law Partnership at the Atlanta Legal Aid Society, and on the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
Dan just completed his 3-year term as the Public Member on the Ethics Committee of the American Psychological Association, tasked with investigating reports of unethical conduct, formulating rules and principles, recommending actions on ethical issues, and promoting ethics throughout the field of psychology.
Dan is a third-generation Atlanta native. He and his husband are the proud and exhausted parents of boy and girl twins, who attend The Paideia School.